Hey team! I just wanted to post our packing list so you can double check everything as you are doing your last minute packing. I also wanted to remind you that our backing party is TONIGHT at 6:30. Bring your parents along for the fun. See you then!
6 DAYS WORTH OF WORK CLOTHES INCLUDING
* Shorts must be fingertip length, preferably to the knee
* Shirts and T-shirts must have sleeves and not be tight
* Work shoes (tennis shoes or boots as long as they’re closed-toe)
* Socks and undergarments
* Trash bag for your dirty clothes (helpful when repacking)
* 1 or 2 Plastic grocery bags or backpack (helpful for days we won’t be able to return to the hotel to change between activities)
* Baseball Glove
* Work gloves
* Small trowel and/or shovel (if you have one)
* Shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, brush/comb, deodorant, etc.
* We will have towels and washcloths in the hotel
REGULAR CLOTHES FOR EVENINGS INCLUDING
* Jeans/shorts-once again fingertip length
* T-shirts/Sweatshirt or jacket
* Regular tennis shoes and/or sandals
* Something clean for church Saturday evening and Sunday morning
* Swimsuit (one piece for girls)
* Bible, journal and pen
* Prescription Medicines-Must be in original containers
* Sun screen-we will be working outside on some days
* Camera (optional)
* Hat/sunglasses (optional – but helpful for work projects)
* Snacks for the hotel room (optional)
* iPods (optional, but must be left in hotel rooms, some students like having them to fall asleep to, but they are not to be brought to the work sites, bring at own risk)
* Cell phones (optional, but must be left in hotel rooms, there will be no reason to have them with you as parents will have emergency numbers for a contact and the urge to check your texts or voicemails will be a distraction)
* Spending Money
* ALL meals, transportation and lodging is covered
* We will have a team activity the cost of which is covered, but you may want some money for extra snacks/souvenirs.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
* Do NOT bring tank-tops, cut-off t-shirts, short shorts, offensive or crude shirts… You get the point. Dress with respect and modesty.